Nomination Guidelines for the James C. Ball Lifetime Achievement Award
The prestigious BEAC® James C. Ball Lifetime Achievement Award is conferred by the Board for Global EHS Credentialing® to a Certified Professional Environmental Auditor® or Certified Process Safety Auditor® who has made significant contributions to the environmental, health, and safety audit profession throughout his or her career.
The award is given in honor of Jim Ball, an environmental, health, and safety auditor who was a leader in the profession, a tireless volunteer for the board of BEAC (Board of Environmental, Health & Safety Certifications), and a staunch advocate of EHS auditor certifications.
Submission Deadline: June 15, 2022
- The nominee must be a current Certified Professional Environmental Auditor (CPEA®) or Certified Process Safety Auditor (CPSA®) CPEA or CPSA who voluntarily surrendered the credential and was in good standing at the time of voluntary surrender.
- The nominee must have made significant contributions to the environmental, health and safety audit profession throughout his or her career.
- Current BGC® Directors are not eligible.
- Past recipients of the award are not eligible.
- This award is presented annually. Should a suitable individual not be nominated in a particular year, the award will not be granted.
- The BGC Awards Committee, whose members are appointed by the BGC Chair, selects finalists for the award. A full Board vote is required to confer the award.
- Nominees will be evaluated against the criteria outlined below.
- Each nominee will be evaluated only by the information included in the nomination package.
Complete the nomination package:
- Nomination Form: This form must be completed online by a nominator at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BGC_JBall_Nominate_2022. Anyone may serve as a nominator for this award; however, self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Endorsement Form: One endorsement form must be completed online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BGC_JBall_Endorse_2022 by an individual knowledgeable about the nominee’s work, accomplishments, and character, which are the basis for the nomination.
- Nominee CV/Resume: The nominator must provide the nominee’s curriculum vitae or resume showing work and accomplishments on which the nomination is based.
Completed nomination packages consisting of a nomination form, an endorsement form, and a CV/resume are due June 15, 2022 at the links provided above. Incomplete nomination packages, emailed forms, or hard copy (paper) submissions will not be accepted. Send any questions to info@GoBGC.org.
Nominees will be evaluated on the significance of their contributions to the environmental, health and safety audit profession throughout their career and specifically to their volunteer contributions to BEAC.