Nomination Guidelines for the James C. Ball Lifetime Achievement Award
The award is given in honor of Jim Ball, an environmental, health, and safety auditor who was a leader in the profession, a tireless volunteer for the board of BEAC (Board of Environmental, Health & Safety Certifications), and a staunch advocate of EHS auditor certifications.
Submission Deadline: June 30, 2022
- The nominee must be a current Certified Professional Environmental Auditor (CPEA®) or Certified Process Safety Auditor (CPSA®) CPEA or CPSA who voluntarily surrendered the credential and was in good standing at the time of voluntary surrender.
- The nominee must have made significant contributions to the environmental, health and safety audit profession throughout his or her career.
- Current BGC® Directors are not eligible.
- Past recipients of the award are not eligible.
- This award is presented annually. Should a suitable individual not be nominated in a particular year, the award will not be granted.
- The BGC Awards Committee, whose members are appointed by the BGC Chair, selects finalists for the award. A full Board vote is required to confer the award.
- Nominees will be evaluated against the criteria outlined below.
- Each nominee will be evaluated only by the information included in the nomination package.
Complete the nomination package:
- Nomination Form: This form must be completed online by a nominator at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BGC_JBall_Nominate_2022. Anyone may serve as a nominator for this award; self-nominations are accepted.
- Endorsement Form: One endorsement form must be completed online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BGC_JBall_Endorse_2022 by an individual knowledgeable about the nominee’s work, accomplishments, and character, which are the basis for the nomination.
- Nominee CV/Resume: The nominator must provide the nominee’s curriculum vitae or resume showing work and accomplishments on which the nomination is based.
Completed nomination packages consisting of a nomination form, an endorsement form, and a CV/resume are due June 30, 2022 at the links provided above. Incomplete nomination packages, emailed forms, or hard copy (paper) submissions will not be accepted. Send any questions to info@GoBGC.org.
Nominees will be evaluated on the significance of their contributions to the environmental, health and safety audit profession throughout their career and specifically to their volunteer contributions to BEAC.