James C. Ball Lifetime Achievement Award
The prestigious BEAC® James C. Ball Lifetime Achievement Award is conferred by the Board for Global EHS Credentialing® to a Certified Professional Environmental Auditor® or Certified Process Safety Auditor® who has made significant contributions to the environmental, health and safety audit profession throughout his or her career.
The award is given in honor of Jim Ball, an environmental, health and safety auditor who was a leader in the profession, a tireless volunteer for the board of BEAC (Board of Environmental, Health & Safety Certifications), and a staunch advocate of EHS auditor certifications.
Submission Deadline: June 15, 2021
- The nominee must be a current Certified Professional Environmental Auditor (CPEA®) or Certified Process Safety Auditor (CPSA®) CPEA or CPSA who voluntarily surrendered the credential and was in good standing at the time of voluntary surrender.
- The nominee must have made significant contributions to the environmental, health and safety audit profession throughout his or her career.
- Current BGC® Directors are not eligible.
- Past recipients of the award are not eligible.
- This award is presented annually. Should a suitable individual not be nominated in a particular year, the award will not be granted.
- The BGC Awards Committee, whose members are appointed by the BGC Chair, selects finalists for the award. A full Board vote is required to confer the award.
- Nominees will be evaluated against the criteria outlined below.
- Each nominee will be evaluated only by the information included in the nomination package.
Complete the nomination package:
- Nomination Form: This form must be completed online by a nominator at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BGC_JBall_Nominate. Anyone may serve as a nominator for this award, however, self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Endorsement Form: One endorsement form must be completed online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BGC_JBall_Endorse by an individual knowledgeable about the nominee’s work, accomplishments, and character, which are the basis for the nomination.
- Nominee CV/Resume: The nominator must provide the nominee’s curriculum vitae or resume showing work and accomplishments on which the nomination is based.
Completed nomination packages consisting of a nomination form an endorsement form and a CV/resume are due June 15, 2021 at the links provided above. Incomplete nomination packages, emailed forms, or hardcopy (paper) submissions will not be accepted. Send any questions to info@GoBGC.org.
Nominees will be evaluated on the significance of their contributions to the environmental, health and safety audit profession throughout their career and specifically to their volunteer contributions to BEAC.
2020 Award Recipient
Andrew Broadbent, CPEA, CPSA
2019 Award Recipient
Lawrence B. Cahill, CPEA-HS, CPEA-EC, CPEA-MS, EMS 14000+
2018 Award Recipient
Barbara Jo Ruble, CPEA, EMS 14000+
2017 Award Recipient
John S. Nagy, CPEA
2016 Award Recipient
Bill Qualls, Jr., CPEA, CESO
2015 Award Recipient
Ray Kane, CPEA
2014 Award Recipient
Jerrold D. Atlas, CPEA
2013 Award Recipient
James C. Ball, CPEA